While some of the following practices might seem obvious, we wanted to ensure that we passed them along. The firms that have had the most success with Rally to date have followed these practices and we want you to be successful as well!
1. Discuss Expectations & Goals
- With any new technology, it takes time before you can start maximizing your ROI and our plan is to get you there as quickly as possible. One of the main things we will want to discuss and understand is your expectations and goals for the platform. We suggest taking some time to think through where you want to be in 1 month, 6 months, and 1 year with Rally. From there we will be able to set out an implementation strategy that focuses on those goals and set expectations for what we will both need to do to get you there.
2. Communicate with your team
- It is important to prepare your team for taking on a new piece of technology, especially those team members whose day-to-day tasks will likely see a significant shift. Involving them in the implementation process can be a great way to let them feel empowered to steer things in a direction that will enable you and your team to maximize the value derived from the software.
- Be sure to communicate with your team members the main reasons you purchased the software so they can help you accomplish your overall goals.
4. Prioritize deliverables
- During the implementation process, we may ask you to provide us with additional information to ensure your account is properly configured and maximize your ROI.
- We often see these deliverables pushed to the bottom of the priority list as it doesn't seem urgent or important at the time. In order to help you achieve your goals and see the promised benefits of Rally, we ask that this information is prioritized and delivered as soon as possible. We will also make a strong effort to follow up on deliverables to maintain momentum during the implementation phase and promise to always respond in a timely manner.
5. Allow your staff time to adjust
- While it is important to be mindful that adopting new technology often comes with an adjustment period, it is also important to maintain structure throughout the process. Don't hesitate to put deadlines on accomplishing certain milestones (we can help you determine what those could be).
- We find it can be useful to have everyone allocate some time dedicated to implementing Rally directly after training sessions. That way, everything is fresh in their minds, and implementation will move at a nice pace. When too much time passes between training and putting the learned lessons into practice, the efficiency of the learning process is significantly reduced.
6. Communication is key!
- As you start to move out of the implementation phase and check-ins with the Rally team become less frequent, don't hesitate to reach out to seek assistance, get more training, or even determine what else you can do to realize more value from the platform. We certainly don't want you waiting until you hear from us to reach out if you have something you want to discuss.
- We also encourage you to ask your team to share feedback with us. We want all of your experiences with Rally to be positive and we can't help if we don't know about a problem you may be having. Encourage your team to reach out to us directly if they have issues as well. There is no need to keep all communication with us through one contact.
7. Attend scheduled sessions with the Rally team
- For all the reasons mentioned above, it is important to attend each of the sessions we schedule. If something comes up and you are unable to attend, we completely understand and will do our best to reschedule as soon as possible so we don't lose momentum.
- If we have a scheduled meeting but you are swamped, we don't mind if you start the call by saying that you only have 10 minutes. That way, we know to get right down to business. We can accomplish a lot in 10 minutes and it will be better than no time at all!
8. Stay informed on product updates
- Our team will do our best to keep you updated by email when we launch new updates, we only ask that when one lands in your inbox you take a few minutes to peruse it. We want to ensure that you know about all of the amazing features we are building as many of them can help you get even more out of Rally!
- If you have questions about how a feature can benefit you or your firm specifically, shoot us a quick message and we will be happy to chat or send you some more information.
Up next, check out 5 Steps for Making the Most of Rally in your First Month and 3 Common Mistakes to Avoid when Getting Started with Rally. You will be a pro soon!